July was a fairly good month, one the one hand my expenses for “hobby’s” (mainly sports), rose rather high, on the other hand I was able to keep most of my other expenses in check.
Lets start with the expenses and compare June and July
[visualizer id=”3132″ lazy=”no” class=””]
[visualizer id=”3031″ lazy=”no” class=””]
- Housing costs have slightly increased to 826 EUR since I had my EPC measured of my apartment. It was almost 10 years old and I am considering to sell my apartment to have a bigger budget to buy a house
- Hobbys remain high, mainly due to kite lessons, but I expect a drop for this in August
- Groceries have dropped. I wrote last month that I had an increase because of microwave food. This month I cooked 90% of the meals myself, and it shows on my grocery bill, I spend 100 EUR less, this is a wise lesson for me!
- Shopping has dropped a lot, I already got my summer outfit now, and I have no need for anything new
- Restaurant costs are at about 100 EUR, which is quite an accomplishment for me 😉
Expenses overview for 2020
My total expenses for July were 1909, slightly lower then the previous month
Nothing special on the income side, I got my usual monthly wage. I just heard I will be working from home until January, so there will be no chance to earn any additional bonusses.
Given the circumstances a saving rate of 34.99% is not bad. Of course its much lower then last year, but last year I did get a travel bonus as well.
2019 saving rate: 45.8%
2020 average (so far): 45.28%
Next month I have my quarterly syndic costs coming up at 670 EUR. I still need to pay this 3 more times after that and then it will finally drop to around 400 EUR with one of the loans on this paid off!
Interested to follow me? Then subscribe and join me on my Roadtrip to Financial independence!